A modern girl's attempt at dating the old-fashioned way - through referrals, set-ups, and chance encounters

Monday, March 15, 2010

Love is in the Air

The last two weeks have felt like a lot longer. I flew to Cape Town, South Africa for work. I was there and back in one week. Ouch. So much "ouch" that I came home with Shingles. It's put a cramp in my dating life, mostly because I've been pretty exhausted. I am, hopefully, getting back on the horse this week.
I did have the fantasy that I might meet someone lovely on my 25 hour flight. I figure how often are you confined to such a small space with potential dates all around.
On my return flight from Cape Town to Amsterdam, my luck changed. In the window seat was a fairly good looking guy and we chatted a bit while we waited to see if the middle seat would be filled. It was filled and then some. A very good looking, very tall and slender guy took up that seat. Yeah for me! Unfortunately it was a night flight so our first date consisted of just sleeping together. It felt very odd, on the few occasions when I'd wake up, to see this lovely man sleeping next to me. I felt a little like cuddling closer to him. As it was we shifted from sleeping face to face to spooning.
In the end, we only talked as we were nearing Amsterdam. He was headed home to Barcelona, returning from two weeks vacation in Cape Town.
Oh well, maybe flights aren't the best place to meet someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment