A modern girl's attempt at dating the old-fashioned way - through referrals, set-ups, and chance encounters

Monday, April 26, 2010

The End?

It's been awhile. I've been trying to muster the desire to go on a date or to write about not going on a date. At times, I've thought about joining a convent, literally. It sounded nice. No worries about a job, dates, or what to wear. In the long run though, it would never work for me. I don't like the shoes nuns have to wear. They kind of look like Famolare's on a good day. I do look good with short hair and hats though.
In the end, I wasn't having fun with this blog anymore. As much as I wanted to try and have fun it just wasn't there. I have a really bad habit of not liking something as soon as it's forced upon me. (Blame it on my childhood.) When the idea of dating became something I "had to do" it lost it's fun. I felt pressure to find dates, go on dates, and meet more people. I got to a point, in my convent stage, where I just wanted to stay home by myself with a good show and my cute dog.
I'm still in the convent stage but I'm sure I'll come out of it at some point. Summer is coming, I think, and that usually puts a spring in my step.
So, for now, and maybe for good - I'm backing off the blog. Thanks for reading and who knows, maybe it will revive itself or maybe I'll find a new topic.

1 comment:

  1. C'mon, you've only done 10 posts so far.

    Don't focus so much on the dating bit if it's too difficult to maintain. Just write consistently about anything. Work might be a easier place for you to start. Then, when the mood strikes you, post something about your dating highs and lows.

    Good luck and happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete